Welcome to Week 15 of Paint Party Friday (Year 2) and to the next edition of our Featured Artist Series! (Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Please click here for details!) This week's featured artist is courageously dreaming of an amazing painting adventure in Italy.** Please welcome Jenny Lee Wentworth!
1) Please tell us a bit about your personal history with painting. (When did you start painting? How has your painting evolved since you first started?) A few years ago I was feeling like something was missing. I had been reading a book about a mom who sounded a lot like me. I started to follow the author's blog and one day read about a summer art retreat she attended. There were photos of women painting and making art together and my heart leapt! I knew I needed to paint.
My first attempts weren’t very good but it made me really happy and I wanted so much to paint that I kept going. I checked out art books and took some online classes and I’ve been painting nearly every day since. I have gotten better and better with daily practice.
2) What are your favorite techniques, media, and tools to use in creating your paintings? I like to layer my work and take photos along the way of all the different stages. I mainly work in acrylics and pastels. I love using transfers, stamps, a palette knife, and my hands (it’s fun to get a little messy in the process).
3) What is your favorite thing to paint? Why? I’m always drawn to painting the female face. I love the range of emotion you can portray and women are so beautiful. I’m working on a piece for a friend right now who really wants me to include a moose in the painting. I have most of the background done and now I need to be brave and paint the moose.
4) What is your proudest painting moment and/or greatest painting achievement so far? This year one of my paintings was included with an article by Misty Mawn in the current issue of Somerset Studio Gallery! I will have my own article coming out next month in the July/August edition of Somerset Studio featuring a couple of my paintings! I’m so excited about it! That has been my proudest painting moment so far.
5) What's next in your painting future? ** I’ve been dreaming about taking a painting class in person with Misty Mawn. She is teaching in Italy this fall and I really want to be there. I know it would mean major growth for my work. I have been saving up to go and with the help of friends and family I have reached 40% of what I need to make my dream a reality!
Thanks so much Jenny, we're so excited about your inspiring dream and hope that you reach your goal! To learn more about Jenny, her art, and her dream, please visit her at:
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN...
WE WANT YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR STORY!
WE WANT YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR STORY!
**Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Click here for details!**
What awesome paintings last week! So great to see everyone painting even though warm (hot) weather has finally arrived (for those of in the North - Hope you Aussies's are keeping warm indoors!) Now, here is our check-in for this week's party:
Please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Week 1 and Week 2 Check-Ins.
Hope you have a fun, painting filled week as Summer (or Winter) starts.