Welcome to Paint Party Friday Week 52, Year 2! The Auction Blog Hop to Benefit The Sandy Hook Elementary School is next week! There is still time to create an auction post and participate. (If you'd like more details, please click here.) Even if you haven't sent us an image, you can still participate. You will be able to link your auction post next week, the only difference is that your image may not show up on the PPF homepage the day of the auction. (We will continue to check our inbox for images though, so we'll try to include ones that are sent in past today's deadline.)
Today, we are sharing a sample auction post that might help to give you some ideas for when you are writing yours, and we hope it will also answer any remaining questions. (This is just a sample - it is not an actual auction post.) If not, please ask any questions you have in the comments or by email...
"Tribute (One World One Heart)" 10 1/2"x11" acrylic on wood
I am thrilled to welcome you to my auction post for The Paint Party Friday Auction Blog Hop to Benefit the Sandy Hook Elementary School!
On December 14th, 2012, tragedy struck as 20 innocent children and 6 brave adults lost their lives in the second deadliest shooting in American history...
This would be a good place to write what impact the Sandy Hook Tragedy had on you, why you're auctioning the painting, and any other personal things you may want to include.
All proceeds from this painting will go directly to a Sandy Hook Elementary Charity.
About the Painting:
This painting was created with acrylics on a 10 1/2" x 11" piece of wood.
The 1/2" sides are painted black and it has a coating of gloss polyurethane for protection.
The back is signed and dated by me, and it has a sawtooth hanger attached
(so that it is ready for immediate display)!
This auction will run from Friday March 15th, 2013 until
Monday March 18th, 2013 at 11:59 pm EDT.
(I am in New York, to find out what time that is where you are click here.)
Shipping (anywhere worldwide) is free.
(If painting is shipped internationally, shipping is still free BUT
the buyer is responsible for any duty/taxes/etc.)
How to bid:
1. Place a bid (with a way to reach you) in the comments section.
2. Bookmark this page so that you can easily check back to see if you've been outbid
(and need to make another bid).
3. If you are the winning bid, I will contact you.
4. Payment will be made from you to a Sandy Hook Elementary charity (see below).
*I will not personally be collecting any money.*
5. Once you have made your donation to the Sandy Hook Elementary charity, you will send your proof of donation (a forwarded receipt) to me at:
insertanemailaddresshere (at) gmail (dot) com
6. After I have received your proof of donation (and you have given me your address), I will mail your painting out to you!
As you make your bids, please keep in mind that all proceeds go to a worthy cause...
Sandy Hook Elementary Charities where donations can be made:
The above post was just an example. When you are writing your own auction post, you can write whatever you would like, but be sure to include important details like:
- The size of the painting and materials used to create it
- When the bidding starts and when the bidding ends (we recommend keeping the auction open for at least the weekend).
- How (and where) to make a donation
- If you will ship internationally (remember that as an auction participant, you are responsible for shipping costs)
Although Paint Party Friday will post images and links on the day of the auction, the Paint Party Friday blog will not be accepting bids, collecting or sending money, contacting winning bidders, or shipping any paintings. Each participant will be responsible for their own individual auction.
We're excited for next week, hope you are too! Meanwhile the party comtinues to hop and the art is awesome and inspiring. Thanks everyone!
As always, please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Week 1 and Week 2 Check-Ins.Have a great week!