Friday, February 26, 2021

Paint Party Friday: Week 52, Year 10 Check-In

Welcome to Week 52 of Year 10 here at Paint Party Friday. We continue to hope you are all safe and healthy in this time of social distancing, and that art is helping to alleviate the stress of this unprecedented situation.

It is almost PPF's 10th Anniversary. We started on March 18th, 2011 and because there are a few more days in the year than an even 52 weeks, we are a bit askew in our countdown so we will add a few weeks to Year 10 until we get closer to the actual anniversary - March 19th, 2021.

We had been planning to have a last big party and then call it quits. 10 years has been a great run for a painting party and place to show your art. With the continuing COVID-19 restrictions to our lives, we are thinking another year might be warranted. We love that many of you are still coming to the party every week. Thank you so much! We don't know though if PPF plays an important part in your life or if it is just one of many events you participate in regularly and how or if it's absence will affect you? If you'd like to email us as we ponder this, please do so at paintpartyfriday at gmail dot com (You know... written like that to reduce spambot activity... or use the link near the upper right side below the banner.)

Meanwhile... back to our "regularly scheduled program"... This week random.org chose #24 - Erica (Watercolor Sketchbook). Erica showed us more of her sketchbook pages from her travels. Please drop by and see the rest!

image courtesy of Erica Watercolor Sketchbook

As always, please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Year 1, Week 1.


Have an inspired and creative week!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece from Erica Sketschbook!!!
    It has existed for 10 years and I hope it will continue. Thank you for that!
    Happy PPf to everyone,Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. 10 years is a long time. I know. I did rune a few parties earlier. They did not last that long. ;)
    But I hope you continue another year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work from Erica. It will be the end of an era for PPF it has certainly become a part of my life. But if and when you ladies decide to end it all we would have is heartfelt thanks for your time and caring. All good things must come to an end after all. Ten years is kind of a memorable landmark I think. What is important to me is that you give notice as you have and will, so that we are not left in shock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty sketch Erica! :) I've only been part of PPF for a few years now, but have very much enjoyed meeting fellow artists. Some have become good blogging friends! The variety of art that I've opened my eyes to is wonderful and I wouldn't have found these lovely people if it weren't for PPF. If you intend on closing up shop, that's understandable! It takes a lot to put together a weekly party, I know! :) I'm very sure you could find other people to host the party or start a new one if you don't have the time anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful painting from Erica.
    And to you lovely hosts EVA and Kristin- I couldn't have said it better than Christine's message above. If you choose to continue, I'll be here. And if you choose to end the party I respect that but will miss it along with all the amazing artists that I have loved visiting since I first started here. XO and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work from Erica.
    I've only joined in with PPF for a few years and I would miss it if you go but I think you should do what is best for you. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete