Friday, July 20, 2012

Paint Party Friday: Week 19, Year 2 Check In Featured Artist: Natasha May

image courtesy of Natasha May

Welcome to Week 19 of Paint Party Friday (Year 2) and to the next edition of our Featured Artist Series! (Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Please click here for details!)  This week's featured artist has been sharing her lovely ladies with us from the beginning of PPF, she is also the creator of Cotton Candy Girls.  Please welcome Natasha May!

1. Please tell us a bit about your personal history with painting. (When did you start painting? How has your painting evolved since you first started?) My painting history is probably very similar to most of you here on Paint Party Friday. :) I was told I draw very nicely when I was little but was never encouraged to develop my skills any further than that. So I procrastinated to my adulthood and about 4 years ago finally found the courage to start playing with paint again. I like to think my painting style evolved from my beginnings. :) When I look at my first paintings I remember being so excited about all these new techniques I was learning through on-line classes. I like to believe that through the years I found my own style and my own way of painting that is comfortable to me.


image courtesy of Natasha May

2. What are your favorite techniques, media, and tools to use in creating your paintings? I cannot say I have favorites but there are things I turn to more often than to others. I like to brayer the paint on to my backgrounds or use tissue paper to make texture. I like acrylics on canvas and watercolor pencils on paper. And I like outlining my girls with a black pen. :)


image courtesy of Natasha May

3. What is your favorite thing to paint? Why? My favorite thing to paint are pretty girl's faces. :) It's hard to say why but it's something I enjoy doing.


image courtesy of Natasha May

4. What is your proudest painting moment and/or greatest painting achievement so far? My proudest moment is my on-line workshop. :) I finally spread my wings and took a leap. It was a hard decision because of all the "you're not good enough" voices in my head but I found the courage to do it anyway.

5. What's next in your painting future? More paintings and hopefully more classes.   :)

**

Thank you, Natasha May and Congratulations on taking the "leap" - We wish you lots of success with future online classes! If you would like to learn even more about Natasha, she can be found at:

My blog: http://natashamay.blogspot.com/
My shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/natashamay
My FB fan page:http://www.facebook.com/NatashaMayArtWorld

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN...
WE WANT YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR STORY!

**Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Click here for details!**

We just learned that a few PPF Featured Artist submissions got lost in our Spam filters. :( If you have sent a submission and we haven't yet contacted you (especially if you sent it month's ago!), please let us know and please resubmit. Thank you! We are terribly sorry if that has happened to you and will be checking regularly now to see what else gmail has misinterpreted as spam...

Now, here is our check-in for this week's party:

As always, please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Week 1 and Week 2 Check-Ins.


Have a creative and painting filled week everyone!

42 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring Natasha May this week!
    I am a big fan of her work!
    She rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always really enjoyed Natasha May's art! Wonderful feature piece. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a big fan of Natasha. Way to go Natasha!! You rock and congrats on the feature. Happy Paint Friday to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved seeing natasha's beautiful ladies for some time now! And she has a variety of faces too! Patsy from
    HeARTworks and
    papemelroti

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to see Natasha May's work here. I always enjoy her posts and lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your girlies Natasha. Congrats on your successful online course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see Natasha and the beautiful girls and the featured artist this week. Love your work Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Natasha's artwork! I've been knowing her for a while now and she's such an inspiriration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. I am just getting to know everyone's work. It's fun hearing about how everyone gets started and why. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved meeting Natasha and seeing her original and charming art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't partied in awhile...glad I caught the show tonight between laundry, kids, and staring blankly at the screen from the exhaustion of motherhood. :)
    Off to peruse the work of the other artists...
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Natasha May's works are a breath of fresh air. Its young, wild and free. She is so talented. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see Natasha featured, she is a great artist: I have a little picture of hers hanging here, and it is always like a ray of sunshine to see it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing, Natasha! I love your girls faces - they are very well done AND they give me the girl-fix I lack in my own house:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this interview, Natasha is one of my favorites, love her girls..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the interview, I love your art Natasha! It's wonderful to read about people, who have found their calling and enjoy it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy PPF....I love Natasha's girls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting another PPF! Gotta love Natasha! Tres cute!
    Also, having a sale in my Etsy today if you're interested...details on my blogpost for PPF here: http://studio48tango.blogspot.com/2012/07/chirp.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have loved following Natasha's work over the years!! Great interview! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice to learn more about Natasha May.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great girls! I like the patterned backgrounds too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a newbie at painting too, Natasha. It found me late and was like love at first sight. :D Wonderful interview and I applaud you for doing classes!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so nice to see Natasha featured this week and learn more about her story. Very inspiring! She always writes very thoughtful comments during our weekly blog hop, and i appreciate that very much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was nice to learn more about Natasha! Her art is so wondrously whimsical.

    ♥ aquariann
    Art Update: Daisy Drawing

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful work Natasha! Oh, and last day to enter my giveaway of free art print! xo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1st SUPER CONGRATS to Natasha!!!! so loved her class. when you check out my post today it is somewhat unfinished my computer took a dump & I don't know how to effectively use my tablet. I am in a crash learning mode right now. so did not get to sign off & more. . . oh well I can still visit!
    cheers dana

    ReplyDelete
  27. After trying to leave comments on some blogs that have Word Press, I gave up because I don't have word press and it keeps telling me to sign in with that. In any event, excellent work to those that have Word Press. I can't leave a comment there, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Am thrilled to be back for my second week. Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and now I ma going to tramp round and look at all your fab art.Hugs from wet wet London!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay Natasha! So great to see you featured and to read more of your insight. We are on such a similar journey my friend. Warmest wishes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great to read more about Natasha May :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I very much enjoy Natasha May's style, it's also great to read some of her thoughts here too...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love participating in your challenge, because it motivates me to paint every week. Thank you and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for giving me something to strive for! Love linking up on Fridays.... happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Natasha always makes the most charming girls, with those luminous eyes and cupid bow lips. Always enjoy seeing her work.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a bit late for PPF! But who cares. Better late n never join in thefun. Happy PPF everyone and have a creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm such a fan of this vibrant and energetic artist, great to get to know a little more about her and thrilled she has been featured... I haven't posted for PPF for a while and miss the support and inspiration that has become interwoven with this event... Great work Natasha and all x

    ReplyDelete
  37. love your whimsical girls with their big, expressive eyes!

    so much fun seeing all the different featured artists from week to week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks so much for running PPF--I'm enjoying seeing all the great art!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy PPF! Thanks so much for hosting each week! XO

    ReplyDelete