Friday, June 22, 2012

Paint Party Friday: Week 15, Year 2 Check-In Featured Artist: Jenny Lee Wentworth

image courtesy of Jenny Lee Wentworth

Welcome to Week 15 of Paint Party Friday (Year 2) and to the next edition of our Featured Artist Series! (Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Please click here for details!) This week's featured artist is courageously dreaming of an amazing painting adventure in Italy.**  Please welcome Jenny Lee Wentworth!

1) Please tell us a bit about your personal history with painting. (When did you start painting? How has your painting evolved since you first started?) A few years ago I was feeling like something was missing. I had been reading a book about a mom who sounded a lot like me. I started to follow the author's blog and one day read about a summer art retreat she attended. There were photos of women painting and making art together and my heart leapt! I knew I needed to paint.

My first attempts weren’t very good but it made me really happy and I wanted so much to paint that I kept going. I checked out art books and took some online classes and I’ve been painting nearly every day since. I have gotten better and better with daily practice.

image courtesy of Jenny Lee Wentworth

2) What are your favorite techniques, media, and tools to use in creating your paintings? I like to layer my work and take photos along the way of all the different stages. I mainly work in acrylics and pastels. I love using transfers, stamps, a palette knife, and my hands (it’s fun to get a little messy in the process).

image courtesy of Jenny Lee Wentworth

3) What is your favorite thing to paint? Why?   I’m always drawn to painting the female face. I love the range of emotion you can portray and women are so beautiful. I’m working on a piece for a friend right now who really wants me to include a moose in the painting. I have most of the background done and now I need to be brave and paint the moose.

4) What is your proudest painting moment and/or greatest painting achievement so far? This year one of my paintings was included with an article by Misty Mawn in the current issue of Somerset Studio Gallery! I will have my own article coming out next month in the July/August edition of Somerset Studio featuring a couple of my paintings! I’m so excited about it! That has been my proudest painting moment so far.
image courtesy of Jenny Lee Wentworth

5) What's next in your painting future?  ** I’ve been dreaming about taking a painting class in person with Misty Mawn. She is teaching in Italy this fall and I really want to be there. I know it would mean major growth for my work. I have been saving up to go and with the help of friends and family I have reached 40% of what I need to make my dream a reality!

Thanks so much Jenny, we're so excited about your inspiring dream and hope that you reach your goal!  To learn more about Jenny, her art, and her dream,  please visit her at:

www.jennyleewentworth.blogspot.com
www.etsy.com/shop/JennyLeeWentworth

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN...
WE WANT YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR STORY!

**Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist? Click here for details!**

What awesome paintings last week! So great to see everyone painting even though warm (hot) weather has finally arrived (for those of in the North - Hope you Aussies's are keeping warm indoors!) Now, here is our check-in for this week's party:

Please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Week 1 and Week 2 Check-Ins.


Hope you have a fun, painting filled week as Summer (or Winter) starts.

39 comments:

  1. Go, Jenny! Go!
    You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Such rich backgrounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have a goal. Hope you make it to Italy for your Dream. What a lovely place to take some lessons. HPPF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds amazing..good luck with the dream to go to Italy and grow your art. You have a wonderful art talent already. keep following your heart

    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview - can't wait to see more of your work published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following Jenny's artistic journey since having the honor of meeting her in person in a class at Art and Soul in Portland, Oregon. I have watched her develop her skills and grow her talent. It's fun to see her progress and her successes along the way. She is as beautiful a person as the women she draws and paints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so wonderful to read and learn more about Jenny and her beautiful art~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny's work is beautiful! Happy PPF you all! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Jenny! Happy PPF everyone! This time I went again with some of my Montagsmaler drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on vacation, so just posted some watercolor sketches from our travels. I love Jenny's women . . . very nice.
    Thanks for sharing (and hosting).
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful portraits, Jenny! Hope your dream will come true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something very ethereal about Jenny's work. An art retreat in Italy would be wonderful - I hope she makes it there. I quite fancy something like that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely art Jenny, thank you for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting this fab party and for the great interviews, always a pleasure to read and get to meet new artists!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty artwork by Jenny, I am smitten with the eyes in the first piece! Thanks for hosting PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm back to PPF...been gone a while but it's fun to come back and see the beautiful art work...
    Jenny, I sure hope you reach your dream! I love your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This girl's work is gorgeous. So glad she's the featured artist this week. The third painting pictured here is my favorite. Love her hair and her serene looking expression.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So kind this woman,great artist Jenny. Hugs to PPf`s artist in this weekend of fire, Spain morning night is danced in dance alrrededor of bonfires to celebrate the longest day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy PPF!! I have been a follower of Jenny and her amazing artwork for a while now!! She is a great gal and her work is so inspiring!! Excited to see that she is the featured artist for this week!

    Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful work! I hope she makes her goal and ends up in Italy!!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  21. Had to work a lot this week, and all I could post was a FREEBIE!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, I checked this at 10:30am and already there were 51 people! Really, wow, you guys really get your paint on early! Way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful faces and a lovely interview - I'm off to check out her blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful featured artist! I look forward to browsing more art. Also, this is my first time here - I hope you don't mind I use colored pencils to paint. I've added your button to my Blog Hops page.

    ReplyDelete
  25. what beautiful work, what a talent.
    That was such a good interview,
    thank-you for hosting again this week, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What beautiful work and a lovely interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE Jenny's work and her blog! Another wonderful featured artist this week. It is wonderful to read!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I accidentally entered the Linky twice! I am so sorry about that!! Entry 70 is this weeks. I pushed the wrong button on my keyboard & entered last weeks again too. Sorry everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  29. such an inspiring story and beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jenny's work is so lovely--her women really have that magical quality--

    ReplyDelete
  31. Big love. Your girls are so beautiful and I love your colors. Thank you for your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely interview! I hope you get to Italy for that class Jenny! You can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What beautiful faces. You've done well and I hope you make it to a special workshop soon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Greatly inspiring Jenny! It was very inspiring to read your story...to actually get near your dream & realizing it is worth the wait... Hope all your dreams come true! Wish you the very Best...to actually travel to Italy & attend class is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love Ms. Wentworth's portraits. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  36. May all your dreams come true! Just posted another painting to the party. Thank you for this community.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for the kind words! Thank you Kristin and Eva for sharing my story♥♥
    xoJenny

    ReplyDelete