Friday, March 23, 2012

Paint Party Friday: Week 2, Year 2 Check-In Featured Artist: Stephanie Schütze


image courtesy of Stephanie Schütze  (click on image to enlarge)

Welcome to Paint Party Friday and to the very first post in our new Featured Artist Series! Judging by last week's comments, many of you are as excited as we are about this new series, and eager to participate!

This week we are thrilled to introduce you to PPF artist, Stephanie Schütze.

My name is Stephanie Schütze, a mixed media artist, scrapbooker, art journaler with a passion for drawing. I live with my 2 sweet daughters and my husband in Switzerland. I've been scrapping since 2008 and like that creative work with paper. Later it turned more and more to mixed media. And now I have discovered sketching and watercolors.

1) Please tell us a bit about your personal history with painting.  (When did you start painting? How has your painting evolved since you first started?)

In my school time I liked to paint so much that I attended a little class after school. This class was taught by the art master of the school, an artist. We were 5 children and every week we had a lot of fun to paint and to sketch outside. I don’t know what I learned but something must have influenced me. At some point I stopped going further with art because the others seemed to be better and I was never really encouraged to continue. Many years nothing happened. Once in a while I tried myself on projects but nothing really sparked. But last year a lot of changes happened in my life. I began to do scrapbooking, discovered the Art Journaling and in January of this year I found you, PPF and I tried myself on a few sketches, then acrylic paint and water color. Now I am addicted and I don’t waste a day of not using pens and colors.

2) What are your favorite techniques, media, and tools to use in creating your paintings?

Since I also started scrapbooking last year, are my pages often ”scraps combined in color”. My favorite technique is to create a new reality with paper, photos, watercolor and pens.

3) What is your favorite thing to paint? Why?

Actually my favorite things to paint are furniture in my home: my workspace, my armchair, my garden furniture.... Don’t know why, maybe because they don’t move and keep still.        ;-)

4) What is your proudest painting moment and/or greatest painting achievement so far?

The proudest painting moment is the output of my black pen (without pencils) I just started to draw without sketching with pencil first and without fear of drawing a wrong line. I felt free and had a real "in the flow” moment.



5) What's next in your painting future?

The next in my painting future is to get more in mixed media, to attend more workshops, to learn more about depth, shadows and colors.

To learn even more about Stephanie and see more of her art, you can visit her at:

http://scrapmanufaktur.blogspot.com/


Thank you, Stephanie!

**Would you like to be a PPF Featured Artist?  Click here for details!**


And here is our check-in for the party!

Please make sure to use your post URL address NOT your blog home page URL address as there are many late visitors who get confused as to which post is for PPF when they arrive (after Friday) at your website. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Linky, an explanation of how this tool works can be found on Week 1 and Week 2 Check-Ins.


Have a fun time at the party!

50 comments:

  1. Fabulous first feature. This is a great way to get to know PPF artists even more.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy PPF evryone and congrats Stephanie for featured artist! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps...Stephanie, excellent work, just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The profile idea is so nice. I love Stephanie's drawing of the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, love to hear how other people get into their different passions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy PPF! Back to prayer flags this week. Thanks so much for this wonderful forum!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing group of artists. Love the interview with Stephanie. This is my first time participating. I am in awe of all the talent here! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the interview, Stephanie! :) It's nice to find out a little something about our fellow PPF-ers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this new feature and such a great start with Stephanie and her lovely work. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Eva and Kristen, it's such fun to be back here and I loved the interview with Stephanie, such a great idea to feature a new artist every week! All the best to you both and thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Stephanie's chair is amazing! I love how she did it without worrying where the lines went and how it came out so perfect and yet free too!!! This is fun doing the featured artist thing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to meet this new artsit..fabulous interview..and her work is beautiful..the chair/line work is stunning an exquisite!
    Happy creating everyone...
    Victoria
    Happy Spring!! (or Autumn wherever you live!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS DRAWING!!! Wow, what a lovely piece. Thanks for the introduction to this wonderful artist.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting each week and, wishing you a great weekend ~ namaste, carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy PPF. Love Stephanies work. Its fun reading about other Artists.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stephanie is an amazing artist and I adore her comfy chair; looks like mine with all the books ; )
    Love this feature artist post; enjoyed the first one very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie
      I enjoyed reading your story. I must admit I was surprised to hear that drawing your furniture was your favorite thing. But it shows. the sketches I have seen of your furniture are quite fetching

      Happy PPF!

      Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

      Delete
  17. ***Hey all you PPFers - We want to hear YOUR painting stories too!!!***

    KEEP THE SUBMISSIONS COMING!... This is so much fun!

    Thanks again to Stephanie for getting us off to a great start :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would be so excited to be a featured artist too. this is a very cool idea..I am very interested to know more about my blog artist friends

    -KAT- Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking forward to checking out what everyone's been up to! Awesome art by Stephanie! Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful interview and art!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok, I admit it. My painting is from a couple weeks ago. But I completely forgot to post it! I love the featured artist idea! I love this first interview and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hooray! I love this new feature!!!! I'm looking forward to learning all about these fabulous artists!!! Happy painting everyone!
    Renee
    xoxo
    www.fussitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. meeting the artist is such a wonderful idea, I enjoy this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy PPF everyone!! What a great feature!! Looking forward to meeting all the wonderful artists!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love meeting new artists. What a great interview and Stephanie's art is lovely! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks again girls for all your sweet comments! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun and interesting interview, thank you so much! I didn't know one could get addicted to creating art - until it was too late! :))

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice to meet you Stephanie! Loved the interview and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I found Stephanie a while back and actually commented on that FANTASTIC pen and ink chair featured in this post! I love her artwork and style. Stephanie, i'm happy you took up art again. We're all making the world a more beautiful place - one piece at a time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I so enjoyed reading this first feature!
    I also love to paint furniture!!!
    thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great idea loved reading about Stephanie and her artwork. This is my first time here and I'm looking forward to getting to know all the other artists. Can't wait to see all the beautiful artwork :)
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the featured artist spot! Thanks Stephanie for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous feature! Nice to find out more about you, Stephanie =) Its been way too long since I've partied here, and I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to!!
    Kathryn

    http://new-art-angelself.blogspot.com/2012/03/mother-and-baby-horse-painting.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Really enjoyed the featured artist spot today on Stephanie! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Been awhile since I played....life sometimes gets in the way. Good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  36. i enjoyed learning about stephanie and her work! thank you, PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  37. EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! great post. Stephanie should definitely continue with her artwork!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  38. Enjoyed Stephanie's interview and her blog! If I had known this was so easy to play I would have joined before! I'm a little late posting. Hope that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Another fun week at PPF....Love your work Stephanie and thanks Kristin and Eva.....

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice to know about Stephanie...Keep up the spirit and good work!
    Thanks for the feature Eva & Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love her work. How fun this is!!!

    ReplyDelete